www.swig.co.uk (the “Website”) is owned and operated by Swig Wines Limited registered in England and Wales under company number 05982489 and with its registered office at 9 Bonhill St, London EC2A 4DJ (VAT number is 778 0589 76).
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
1.1 Swig collects the following information about you when you use this Website:
- 1.1.1 information that you provide by filling in the forms on our Website. We may collect personal information (for example your name, email address and postal address) when you register for an account with us, purchase goods from our Website, subscribe for our newsletter or contact us through our Website; and
- 1.1.2 information collected by us as you use the Website. Swig collects and stores information transmitted by your computer when you use the Website. This may include your IP address, browser data and information we receive from cookies (please see section 5 below).
1.2 We may use this information in the following ways:
- 1.2.1 to provide our service(s) to you as a user of the Website, including enhancing your user experience;
- 1.2.2 to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- 1.2.3 to ensure that content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer;
- 1.2.4 to identify you when you visit the Website including to assist with logging you in;
- 1.2.5 to notify you about changes to our products and/or the Website;
- 1.2.6 to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Website;
- 1.2.7 to provide you with newsletters and other information about features of the Website which we think may be of interest to you and for related marketing purposes, if you have submitted your contact details to us for these purposes or otherwise provided your consent for us to do so; and
- 1.2.8 for marketing third party products and services to you, if you have provided your consent for this.
(together the “Purposes”).
2. YOUR CONSENT
2.1 By using the Website and submitting information, you consent to:
- 2.1.1 the collection and use of your personal information by us as described in section 1 above; and
- 2.1.2 us sharing data with third parties in accordance with section 3 below;
3. INFORMATION DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
3.1 We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- 3.1.1 in order to assist us with processing your order(s) and completing your transaction (ie sending email order updates, taking and processing payments, delivering goods you have ordered etc);
- 3.1.2 for marketing purposes provided always that you consent to us sharing such data with third parties by notifying us via the Website or in other communications (e.g. by ticking the relevant box(es) on the Website at the point of registration);
- 3.1.3 with service providers who manage aspects of our operations (for example people who provide technical services to the Website) in connection with the Purposes;
- 3.1.4 if Swig or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
- 3.1.5 if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements.
4. YOUR RIGHTS - MARKETING
4.1 You will only receive marketing communications from us and/or third parties if you have consented to this when you provided your contact details to us (or if you have otherwise given consent to us for these purposes).
4.2 You have the right to ask us not to use your personal data for marketing purposes. You can request that you stop receiving information from us at any time by emailing email@example.com.
5. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
5.2 We may also collect information about your computer including your IP address, operating system and browser type for system administration and to report aggregated information. This is statistical data about your browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you individually.
6. DATA STORAGE
6.1 All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password or other data which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password and any other log in details confidential and we recommend that you do not share your password or other log in details with anyone. You will be responsible for all transactions under your user name/ log in details.
6.3 Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
In the event that we use third party advertisers or sponsors on our Website, we do not disclose identifiable information about individuals but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users. We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, men in London). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' and sponsors’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
9. INFORMATION ACCESS
You have certain rights to access information held about you and you can do this by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You can also request us to correct any factual inaccuracies in information we hold or delete any of that information from our records.